Eilert Tøsse - Biography
Born in Bergen, Norway 1954. Grew up in Bergen.
Organist in Nygård church, Bergen 1980-83.
Since autumn 1983: Organist i Samnanger, half-time.
Active as a composer since 1980. Member of Society of Norwegian Composers.
- 1980: Organist Exam Higher Degree at The Bergen Conservatory of Music. Composition as optional subject last year of studies, with Ruth Bakke as teacher. Later (82/83) div. private composition studies with the same teacher.
- 1985: One-month course in arranging, teacher: Håkon Berge,at The Bergen Conservatory of Music.
- 1986: Summer course in composition at The Nordens Folk High-School in Bishops-Arnö, Sweden. Teachers: Jan W. Morthenson and Daniel Börtz.
- 1987 -89: Studies in composition with Kjell Samkopf, Oslo.
- 1988: Summer course in composition (sampling/computer) at The Nordens Folk High-School in Bishops-Arnö, Sweden. Teacher: Åke Parmerud
- 1989/90: One-year course in composition and arranging at The Bergen Conservatory of Music. Teacher: Mogens Christensen
- 1997-99: Div. composition studies with Nils Henrik Asheim, Stavanger.
(until 2004:) Number : 13 Financed by The Norwegian Composers Fund, Norwegian Culture Council and others
PUBLISHERS and DISTRIBUTORS
Norsk Musikforlag,Cantando Musikkforlag, Music Information Centre Norway(MIC)
Church anniversary /-inaugurate /-festival week etc: Represented with works on 22 occasions
Ny Musikk / Ultima / Music Factory / Autunnale o.a. : Represented with works 15 times
Sound Artist (installation) at the International Sculpture Symposium, Os, 2003
1983: 2nd prize in national composition contest for new organ music (20 articipants).
1984: 3rd prize in national composition contest for new church worship-music
1998: Cultural Prize of Samnanger Kommune (together with wife Anne-Lise)
TONO-scholarship 18 times
Composers Compensation Fund 6 times
- Norwegian Association of Cantors and Organists since the end of the 70s.
- TONO (Norwegian performing Rights Society) since 1983.
- Ny Musikk, Bergen district. (the end of the 80s.) (Ny Musikk is the Norwegian section of the ISCM)
- Member of NICEM (Norwegian Association for Electro-acoustic music) since the upstart. (NICEM is the Norwegian section of the ICEM)
- Activ in the local composers group in Bergen, when this existed at the end of the 80s / the beginning of the 90s
- Ny Musikk's Composers Group 1991 - 1998 (NMCG has a time limited membership)
- Admitted as a member of Society of Norwegian Composers (since october 2002)